Who we are
- Information Collection
freesms.us or third parties may collect information from our users at several different points on freesms.us.
Mailing Lists & Service Emails – freesms.us may launch a mailing list in order to provide subscribers with relevant information or content – breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. In order to sign up to receive regular emails from a site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid Kinja username and/or email address and may submit demographic information such as location and interests. This information may be used in aggregate form by freesms.us Nowor its third party service providers in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services. Your personal and contact information may be passed to freesms.us third party service providers.
freesms.us Now and its third party service providers may from time to time track how users interact with the emails we send in a continued effort to improve our services. Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list may receive regular emails from the site, consisting of content from the site in question and/or content from third party sponsors. Since editorial independence is critical to us, you can be sure that we will always mark sponsored content as such, including in emails. If you do not wish to receive emails from third party advertisers, please do not sign up for the mailing list.
• A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once the user closes the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following the user’s internet browser help file directions.
We store a cookie on each user’s machine that contains user specific information. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, not all Services require that you accept cookies. Use of the Services and emails we send may execute code known as a “web beacon.” This code allows us to understand the time and date of when a user has opened an email. Our web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. Users wishing to disable our web beacons should do so by turning images “off” in their email client (e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email client for more information.
• We do not respond to web browser “do not track” or other related mechanisms at this time.
• Ad Serving – The ads appearing on these websites are delivered to you by a web advertising by and affiliate opportunity membership /or by freesms.us own proprietary advertising delivery software. In order to serve ads to you, we may use information collected during your searches or visits to our websites and information that we specifically acquire from third parties.
• Advertising and Cookies – Some of our third party advertising partners may distribute cookies to users in advertisements that are provided to us. Share News Now has no access to or control over these cookies once we have received the advertisements. Some of these advertisers and services we use to deliver advertising may be engaging in online behavioral advertising as defined by the Digital Advertising Alliance and FTC.
• freesms.us does not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to third-party advertising companies. Note, however, that if an advertiser asks freesms.us to show an advertisement to users with certain characteristics (for example, women ages 18-24) or a segment of that group (for example, women ages 18-24 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the third-party advertising company may conclude that you have the characteristics of the audience that they are trying to reach.
• Opt-out – As part of our commitment to transparency and your privacy, we provide the following links to opt-out of cookies provided by both our first party ad server and many third party advertising partners who may be engaging in online behavioral advertising:
• First Party Opt-out – Please visit this link to opt-out of cookies from our first party ad serving vendor, Google: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/; Third Party and Online Behavioral Advertising Opt-out – Please visit this link to opt-out of cookies from over 50+ major third party behavioral advertising providers: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Business Transitions
In the event freesms.us goes through a change of ownership, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions
From time to time you may be able to participate in contests, giveaways, sweepstakes or other similar promotions that we or third parties may sponsor.
Participation may require sharing your personal information with us or third parties sponsoring the contest, giveaway, sweepstakes or promotion, and you should check the rules to determine how your information will be used and shared with others. Share News Now may announce specific rules in connection with any such opportunity, but regardless of whether specific rules are announced, all such opportunities will be controlled by Alternative Conversations “Contest Guidelines” set forth at Contest Guidelines.
- Legal Disclaimer
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, freesms.us may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on Alternative Conversations or affiliates. If we’re going to turn over information related to you, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notice, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or court order.
- Information Security
freesms.us has administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and , access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal. Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security issue, please email us at support [at] freesms.us [dot] us. We will work with you to address any problems.
- Notification of Changes
- Contact Information
- Last Update
Who we are
Our website address is: https://freesms.us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.